To provide hope, dignity and self-reliance to disadvantaged children and their families through the generosity of individual Canadians and Granting Agencies.
To contribute towards the self-reliance of the world’s poor communities through our support in worthy projects aimed at sustainable improvements in children’s health, education, and well-being.
- Federally registered non-profit Canadian charity.
- Established in 1982 in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
- Run by a volunteer board, COIN has no administrative costs.
- COIN receives generous financial support from the community and the government.
- COIN takes pride in its accountability to donors. All efforts made to ensure that funds earmarked for the projects are used efficiently.
- Almost all funds raised by COIN are used for educational and health projects for women and children in poor and developing countries.
- COIN provides emergency relief, food, shelter and medical supplies to many disaster-stricken countries.
- COIN networks with only registered charities.
- The selection of projects goes through a rigorous vetting process according to COIN’s guidelines.
- Funds for projects are released on the condition that periodic progress reports are submitted.
- Project progress is monitored closely by COIN, local NGOs and community representatives.
- COIN initiated the Orphan Care Program to support projects and programs for orphan children in developing countries.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
COIN is grateful to the board of directors for their invaluable time and expertise.
- President – Dure Atiq
- Vice President – Dr. Aziz Khan
- Treasurer – Ahmed Shaikh
- Secretary – Sadia Wattoo
- Director – Sofia Yaqub
- Director – Ghulam Nabi Chaudhry
- Director – Mohammad Asif
- Director – G. M. Khan
Thank You: Your financial support has given COIN opportunities to provide relief, save lives, preserve human dignity, and provide hope. COIN’s projects have made a huge and lasting difference in these communities. COIN has over 30 years of history in Edmonton, Canada and does not charge any administrative expenses. Almost all of the money raised goes towards the projects indicated.
Our very sincere thank you to our supporters, donors, and volunteers.